Video: Things You Should Never Say When House Hunting
Friday Jan 01st, 2021
Things You Should Never Say When House Hunting
When you attend an open house or private showing, your agent will caution you to refrain from making any remarks in the presence of the seller or their agent that reflect on your feelings about the property.
Here are some things you should never say when you are out house hunting:
- Never say you’ve just found your dream home.
- Refrain from making any negative comments about the existing décor or talking about things you would change.
- Avoid saying the price is unreasonably high.
- Never ask why the home is being sold.
- Keep your major renovation plans to yourself.
- In general, be careful who and what you ask. And if you chat with the neighbors, use caution.
Innocent comments made by buyers can come back to haunt them during the negotiating process, so always think twice before making any comments in the presence of the seller or the listing agent.