Video: What Does A Home Inspector Actually Do?
Friday Mar 26th, 2021
What Does A Home Inspector Do?
An inspector checks the safety of your potential new home.
Home Inspectors focus, first of all, on the structure, construction and mechanical systems of the house, and inform you of the need for repair.
The Inspector does not evaluate whether you get the value for your money or not.
Generally, inspector checks (and gives estimates for repair):
- the electrical system
- plumbing and waste disposal
- the water heater
- insulation and ventilation
- the heating and AC system
- water source and quality
- the potential presence of pests
- the foundation, doors, windows, ceilings, walls, floors, and roof.
Be sure to hire a home inspector that is qualified and experienced.
It's a good idea to have an inspection before you sign a written offer since once the deal is closed you've bought the house as-is.